Proxim ORiNOCO AP-8000 & AP-800 Access Points
Posted by swcadmin at February 21st, 2013
ORiNOCO AP-8000 and AP-800 802.11n Access Points
Proxim is First to Break the 300 Mbps Speed Barrier for 802.11n Solutions, Enabling WLAN Networks at Half the Cost
With the introduction of its ORiNOCO 802.11n product line, Proxim Wireless is announcing the availability of the industry’s first 802.11n solution to achieve 320 Mbps of throughput with a dual radio solution. In addition, Proxim’s new 802.11n products have been designed to be customer friendly and overcome the barriers of cost and complexity faced by competing products to deliver 802.11n networks at half the price of existing WLANs. With Proxim’s
ORiNOCO® AP-8000 and AP- 800 802.11n access points, organizations of all sizes can achieve higher performance than their existing wired and wireless LANs while avoiding the costly controller upgrades, deployment challenges, and additional network planning that have deterred enterprises from upgrading to 802.11n.
IEEE 802.11n is the next generation of the Wi-Fi standard. The primary advantages of 802.11ncompliant products are significantly higher throughput and longer range. With the advent of 802.11n technology, the truly unwired enterprise is possible – yet many organizations cite the high cost of migration and the complexity of deployment as barriers to moving to 802.11n.
Higher Performance than Existing Wired LANs/WLANs
Proxim’s ORiNOCO 802.11n products enable enterprises of all size to finally unwire the wired LAN by providing greater performance than existing Ethernet networks
- Highest throughput with single radio rates of over 170Mbps and dual radio rates of 320Mbps
- Substantially higher throughput than typical 10/100 wired LANs
- No need to run new cable to add stations to a LAN
- 7x the throughput of existing typical WLANs
- High reliability for quad play applications
- The only solution to provide dual 2.4 GHz and dual 5GHz operation
- The first solution certified to work for the entire 5 GHz spectrum worldwide
Half the Price of Existing WLANs
Proxim’s 802.11n solution drastically reduces the cost of WLAN deployments using 802.11a/b/g products.
- With the added range and throughput, ORiNOCO 802.11n deployments cost only half of today’s 802.11a/b/g networks when deployed to achieve the same capacity
- Proxim’s 802.11n solution provides two times the range of standard 802.11a/b/g APs to ensure enhanced signal strength to hard-to-reach clients in the office, which simplifies deployment
Reduced Cost of Upgrading to 802.11n
Proxim’s ORiNOCO 802.11n products are the first to overcome the deployment challenges and the associated costs of competitive 802.11n products by eliminating the need for forklift upgrades, additional wiring, or additional network planning.
- Because Proxim does not require costly WLAN controllers, Proxim 802.11n networks can cost effectively scale to meet increasing bandwidth demands in the future
- ORiNOCO 802.11n APs are the only APs on the market that are completely 802.3af compliant in all configurations, which avoids the cost of additional wiring or power injectors as required by 802.3at compliant APs
Distributed WLANs with Centralized Management
To provide centralized management of Proxim 802.11n networks, the ProximVision ES network management system supports the ORiNOCO AP-8000 and AP-800 products.
- Rapid Network Deployment – ProximVision ES automates configuration processes for faster, more efficient deployment of Proxim Wireless networks.
- Mobile Configuration Capabilities – ProximVision ES gives network managers a mobile option for exhaustive device configuration with a software-based tool.
- Greater Ease of Use and Upgradability – ProximVision ES can support a greater number of APs than competitively priced solutions and provides the simplest path to configuration and upgrade.
|ORiNOCO AP-800||ORiNOCO AP-8000|
|PRODUCT MODELS||9411-XX ORiNOCO 802.11n single radio access point with integrated 802.11a/b/g/n radio||9422-XX ORiNOCO 802.11n dual radio access point with 2 integrated 802.11a/b/g/n radios|
|RADIO & TRANSMISSION|
|RADIO||• Single Radio Access Point with 802.11a/b/g/n radio • 3×3 MIMO||• Dual Radio Access Point with 2 802.11a/b/g/n radios • 3×3 MIMO|
|RADIO CONFIGURATIONS||• 1 x 802.11b/g/n • 1 x 802.11a/n||• 2 x 802.11b/g/n • 1 x 802.11b/g/n and 1 x 802.11a/n • 2 x 802.11a/n|
|MODULATION METHOD||• MSC0 – MSC15 for 802.11n (6.5Mbps – 300Mbps) • BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM and 64-QAM for 802.11a and 802.11g (6Mbps-54Mbps) • DSSS for 802.11b (1Mbps-11Mbps)||• MSC0 – MSC15 for 802.11n (6.5Mbps – 300Mbps) • BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM and 64-QAM for 802.11a and 802.11g (6Mbps-54Mbps) • DSSS for 802.11b (1Mbps-11Mbps)|
|FREQUENCY BAND||5.15 – 6.08 GHz 2.4 – 2.483 GHz||5.15 – 6.08 GHz 2.4 – 2.483 GHz|
|ANTENNA CONNECTOR||3 RP-SMA connectors||6 RP-SMA connectors (3 per radio)|
|ANTENNAS||3 Dual-Band reverse SMA connector Omni Antenna with 3dBi gain||6 Dual-Band reverse SMA connector Omni Antenna with 3dBi gain|
|ETHERNET||Auto-sensing 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet||Auto-sensing 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet|
|UNPACKAGED||11 5/16 x 7 x 1 3/4 in (287.34 x 177.8 x 44.75 mm)||11 5/16 x 7 x 1 3/4 in (287.34 x 177.8 x 44.75 mm)|
|UNPACKAGED||1.4 lbs (.6 kg)||1.5 lbs (.7 kg)|
|TEMPERATURE||0° to 55°C (Operating) -20° to 75°C (Storage)||0° to 55°C (Operating) -20° to 75°C (Storage)|
|HUMIDITY||Max 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)||Max 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)|
|POWER SUPPLY (OPTIONAL)||110/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz (input), 5V 3A (output) power adapter||110/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz (input), 5V 3A (output) power adapter|
|LEDS||Four indicators on the top panel indicate power, wireless traffic, Ethernet traffic, and error conditions.||Four indicators on the top panel indicate power, wireless traffic, Ethernet traffic, and error conditions.|
|LOCAL||RS-232 Serial Port; DB9 Female||RS-232 Serial Port; DB9 Female|
|REMOTE||SNMP v1; SNMP v2c ; DHCP; Telnet; HTTP; TFTP; SNTP; Scan & Change; BootP; Syslog||SNMP v1; SNMP v2c ; DHCP; Telnet; HTTP; TFTP; SNTP; Scan & Change; BootP; Syslog|
|SECURE||SSH, SNMPv2, HTTPS||SSH, SNMPv2, HTTPS|
|MTBF AND WARRANTY||43,800 hours ; One year parts and labor||43,800 hours ; One year parts and labor|
|PACKAGE CONTENTS||• (1) AP-800 802.11n access point • (1) Wall/ceiling mount kit • (1) Cable security attachment • (3) 2.4GHz/5GHz omni-directional antennas with reverse SMA connectors • (1) Installation CD-Rom with Software and Documentation • (1) Quick Install Guide||• (1) AP-8000 802.11n access point • (1) Wall/ceiling mount kit • (1) Cable security attachment • (6) 2.4GHz/5GHz omni-directional antennas with reverse SMA connectors • (1) Installation CD-Rom with Software and Documentation • (1) Quick Install Guide|
View ORiNOCO AP-8000 and AP-800 Access Points Product Description (English)
View ORiNOCO AP-8000 and AP-800 Access Points Product Description (French)
Category: Proxim Wireless, Wireless Broadband